As with every organization, change is inevitable and recently there have been changes on the ISM-CI Board of Directors. President, Geneva Taylor, has stepped down effective March 1st after serving in that capacity since February 2016. In addition, Membership Director, Jaye Gaddis, has also stepped down effective March 1st. Both have served on the board in some capacity since June 2015 and remain active volunteers in supporting the mission of ISM-CI. We sincerely appreciate their time, dedication and service in volunteering on the Board of Directors and we know we will continue to see them at future activities and events.
As per the by-laws, the President position is now being turned over to the Vice President, Harold Wims and Membership Director is now an open position on the board for the next year's board election and we are also creating a position for a Marketing Director. Nominations for anyone interested on the ISM-CI Board should be submitted to the attention to Harold Wims at President@ismcentralindiana.org or to JoEllen Byrne at Excellence@ismcentralindiana.org no later than April 16th. A short bio and explanation on the position of interest should also be submitted. Elections for the 2018-2019 ISM-CI Board will begin on April 23rd through April 30th and will be sent out via an electronic survey.
We hope to have more members get involved with supporting the organization in some capacity whether it is to share ideas for professional development events or tours, help start and/or join a committee, nominate your organization or someone you admire for the upcoming Central Indiana Supply Chain Awards and/or get your leadership involved in the ongoing CPO Forum for senior leaders in supply chain.
We look forward to the upcoming year and we are looking forward to having you join us for this next phase of ISM-Central Indiana.
Welcome back to ISM-Central Indiana to former board member, Anthony Welch. We are looking forward to you coming back and getting involved with our organization.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- March 22nd: March PDM – Speakers Phil Golobish and Emily Tournquist on Bitcoin and Contracts @ Indiana Grand Casino and Racetrack
- March 24th: Business Case Study Competition Judging – if you are interested in being a judge for our First Annual Business Case Study Competition, please email Caitlin Michaelis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 31st: Nominations for Board Positions due April 16th.
- Open Now! Nominations for recognition for the Inaugural Central Indiana Supply Chain Awards (CISCA Awards). All are encourage to apply! Click here for more information ciscawards.com
- April 22nd PDM – to be announced. - Have a PDM suggestion? Don’t hesitate to email ideas to Doris Richardson at email@example.com!
- April 23- 30th: Board Elections via a Survey- be sure to check your email
- TBD- 2018-19 Board Members Confirmed
- June 1st: Start of new Board Year and term for 2018-19 Board of Directors
- June 15th : Nomination forms due for the Central Indiana Supply Chain Awards.
- TBD: Next CPO Forum
- September 13th: Central Indiana Supply Chain Awards Breakfast
Finish Line hosted the first CPO Forum in cooperation with ISM-Central Indiana and Corporate United on February 23rd. The CPO Forum is a collaborative, peer-to-peer organization that meets quarterly for senior Procurement leaders to share ideas in a forum setting. The event is invitation-only to local senior leaders in Procurement and the first event focused on “Attracting and Retaining the A Team”. The next event is being held in June. Please contact Harold Wims at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or someone in your organization may be interested in learning more.
Business Case Study Competition:
On February 16th ISM-CI kicked off its First Annual Business Case Study Competition! Students of all majors from several local Universities were invited to participate in the competition. Students will present their recommendations to a panel of judges on Saturday, March 24th.